Tuesday, April 26, 2011

no lessons day

I received a phone call a while ago from Rick, my student.  He is stuck at work and will not be able to have a lesson tonight.  I am bummed about that but what can I do.  He will be gone until May 18 when he will resume his lessons.  Charlie will have his lesson on Friday instead of tonight because of a school event.  I am so thankful he makes up lessons.  He rarely misses a lesson, he prefers to make them up.  What a great student.

I am very tired this afternoon.  I did take a brief nap.  I just couldn't stay awake anymore.  Right after I got up is when Rick called to cancel lessons.  I am just relaxing this afternoon.  I have things I could do, but I just don't feel like it.  I have some pictures to look at this afternoon.  One of the photo albums I rescued in November does indeed have family pictures in it.  Yup, good pictures would have been thrown away.  Not good.  This is why I must be present when stuff is going through.  I just have to.  Too much has been thrown away or donated that should have been kept.  Thankfully, it seems that they have no interest in doing anymore in my house.  I am grateful for that.  I want to know what exactly I have and I will decide what I do or don't want.  I don't need someone to decide for me.  I have had too much decided for me and I need to take control.

It is suppose to rain for the next few days again.  Ugh, that means I won't be able to go the storage unit and get more stuff out.  Maybe in between showers will work.  I guess I will find out depending on the weather.  Right now the weather is just humid and warm but the storms are heading here.  We are under a tornado watch until 10 pm.  Yuck, fortunately, it has been a very long time since we actually had a tornado here.  We did have some damage about 2 miles north of me last year from a really bad storm.  I hope the storms pass us by without any damage.

Pain is a bit more in the arms today then normal.  I don't really know why except the weather is not nice for pain but it is rare that my arms hurt, both of them.  My head is normal, thank goodness.  It is a more than normal missing Mom day.  She is on my mind a lot today.  I just miss her so much all the time and today more than usual.

I do hope you are having a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was okay your student canceled...give you a chance for a little break.
    The weather has been pretty yuckky here, too...pretty cool and cloudy! I'm ready for the sun...I think that will brighten my mood for sure!
    Have a great night!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have SO many storms where I live! I am so ready for them to stop. We don't normally have tornadoes close to where I live, but there have been a few lately which is really weird. Thankfully, they haven't been right where I live:) Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete