Saturday, April 2, 2011


I only took a short nap today.  Write that down in history, it may not repeat itself again.  After getting up earlier than usual for Amanda's and Kayla's lessons, I went to get brunch at the usual for a change.  I went inside today because I wanted something different and didn't want to eat at home.  I was just caught with cabin fever.  I haven't gone to many places this week so I didn't want to stay in the house.  Then I came home, bundled up some books to go to the used bookstore.  These are books I have read but didn't really like or I liked them okay, I just didn't want to keep them.  Then I picked up 4 new to me books.  I will read them over the next few days.  I have to return the library books too since I forgot last week.  They are now overdue.  Oops.  That is why I rarely go to the library because I tend to forget to return then on time.  Now I will owe money.  Ugh.  Oh well, they are only a few days overdue right now.  I will take care of that tomorrow on the way to Georgette's for a Michigan Music Association meeting.  I am looking forward to that.  I like meeting up with my fellow piano/voice teacher friends.  It makes for a nice evening.  The meeting is supposed to be for about an hour.  That is as long as they usually last.  I am not sure what I will do after that though.  I may stop by a friend's house and take her out for a bit.  She has been homebound since she had a bad car accident a month or so ago.  We shall see what our schedules are like!

I am counting down the days until tax season is over.  I am anxious to have my sewing corner in the family room.  I will be speaking to Darrin, my cousin, as he has shown interest in the shuffleboard that is in the way.  It takes up an entire wall that is needed for storage space.  I am going to move the bar stools into the indoor patio to take pictures of them and see if we can sell them.  They are also going because I am not putting up a bar in the family room again.  If Mom had done it after she finished the family room, that would be one thing, but since I want something different down there, they are history.  I have asked the Muglia girls to create some art work for the family room for me.  I don't get to see them this Monday, but a week from Monday.  I also have the little sewing machine for them.  I didn't have room in the car for it last time they had their lessons.  Too many hoodies were in the car for them.  I am hopeful that they liked some of them and the ones they don't like they donated.  There were a lot of sweatshirts and hoodies in there.

I get to pick up Lily from school this week.  On facebook, Ross commented that there was one day he needed to be out of town and Julie needed to be at her office so he wasn't sure how to get Lily home from school.  (there are no buses for her school - it's a private one)  So I called up and offered to take her home.  I take her home Thursday this week, which will work perfect since I teach until 1:30 and have nothing else to do the rest of the day so I am excited I get Lily for a short time.  I know it isn't long, but hey, I will take her when I can.  She is in 7th grade this year and boy is she growing fast.  It is hard to believe how fast time goes when I look at her.  She was just a tiny little girl when I first met her.  I first saw her as a baby, but then I saw her again when she was around 3ish.  She was this little blond doll.  Of course, she is still blond and a doll but one that is getting much taller than me!  Fortunately, I am still taller for now.  I don't stand next to her sister, Emily, as Emily is taller than me now.  I can't believe she graduates from high school in June.  Wasn't she just in my first grade music class?  That was how I met her.  I taught music at her school for a year.  That was the year I discovered that teaching in a classroom wasn't for me.  Way too many kids for me.  I like the one on one or two and one teaching much better although in the past I have had my students band together to become a choir and that was fine.  I have had them sing as a choir in Disney World twice, once in 1999 and the other in 2008.  It was great fun both times.  I would say though, that June in Disney is not my favorite time of year.  It rains too much.  It rained almost every day we were there in 2008 and Mom and I were soaked for most of the visit.  Yes, we had rain ponchos on but the arms of my scooter let more water down my back and into my shorts so I was rather soaked easily.  I now ride it without the arms and I find the rain poncho can do its job much better but it didn't occur to me then to take the arms off.  I got Mom the cutest pair of crocs while we were there.  They were the Maryjane style and a light pink.  She also had a Disney style dark pink pair of crocscrocs too.  I don't.  My feet are too wide for them so I gave all my pairs to Mom.  I only wore mine a few times, they just weren't that comfortable to me.  I am going to try a bigger size this summer.

It has been a good day.  I have medium pain today, which is good.  I have one more lesson in about 25 minutes so I am excited about that.  I do hope you are having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment