Wednesday, April 20, 2011

oh my!

I got a call from my brother yesterday.  We have a new issue to deal with and we both need prayers about it.  I can't go into details about here, needless to say, it is frightening for (I think) both of us, I know it is for me.  So please, pray for us.

Other than the newest upset, it has been an okay day.  I didn't wake up at 5:30 like yesterday, thank goodness!  I woke at my regular time, noon or so.  I had the regular type sleep, up and down with pain every few hours, but overall, a lot better than yesterday.

My young man, Carson, wants to add piano to his lessons.  I am excited about that.  He is 8, which it is a great age to learn.  I called his grandmother to let her know I would pick up the music and she was shocked, she didn't know that he asked for piano lessons too.  He is such a cutie.  He sings very nicely.  We started one new song today, Peace of the River.  I actually had 2 songs for him to start, but the printer was being a horrible printer today so it didn't go well.  I had shut down the computer so it didn't print until after his lesson.  Oh well, I have it for next week.  I can't find the book that I got the songs out of last week anywhere.  I am wondering if I put it in Calli's bag.  She has the other copy of the book and I am wondering if I accidentally put them both in her bag.  It is just not anywhere in the dining room or the living room.  No more lessons tonight.  I only have Carson.  Tomorrow I have Breanna and that is it too.  It is a bummer only having 1 or 2 lessons a day, but I am very THANKFUL for the few that I have.  It is starting to get better.  I am hoping summer lessons stay the same as they are right now.  The new ones are the question marks.  Bob, Charlie, Katie all have lessons all year round so I am hopeful that all my students only take off lessons for vacations.  We shall see.  I also do hope to go and see Richard this summer, all depends on what happens now for us.

I can't wait to see Kathy this weekend.  I get to see her on Saturday and Sunday.  I mean, that is just awesome!  I don't get to see her very often since we live so far apart from each other but I will see her twice this weekend!!!  Yeah!!!

I got the movie Tangled for my birthday from my aunt and uncle.  I was very happy about that.  I plan to watch it this weekend.  I also now have the movies, harry potter part 1 and Narnia.  I couldn't resist.  They were on sale.  I am doing pretty well with this thrifty thing.  I plan to do better.  I write down everything I spend so I have been keeping better track of it.  I discovered that I spend a lot on going out to eat for brunch at Tim Horton's and other places so I have bought brunch food and am trying to keep the cost down as I can't really afford to keep doing that.  I am excited to be closing the storage unit too, as this will allow the money to go to other bills that need to be paid.  I also am saving for a nook.  I really like them and am chomping at the bit to get one.  I put a few dollars away each month to save for it.  I figure between now and Christmas, I will have enough money to get one.  I am getting much better at saving money.  I hope to be an expert like my mother was.  She was the best at this.  If there was something she wanted, she simply saved up the money to pay cash.  I, not being of a patient nature, would charge it first and pay later.  Well, this cash only life that I lead is actually good for teaching patience.  I am, however, getting bombarded with requests to get a new credit card.  Yes, I am totally staying away from that.  It is just not a good idea to get a new one, plus with the bankruptcy not dissolved yet, I don't want a new one at this point in my life.  I will possibly look into to it in months to come as things (hopefully) improve.

I have medium pain today and the headache is its normal pain level.  Sometimes it is really annoying to have a headache everyday that nothing can be done for.  Doctors just can't do anything about the chronic headache, or at least the neurologists that I have seen have told me.  They can do something about it when it gets bad, but that only puts it back to normal pain level.  The rest of the pain is normal too.  The Melixicam (spelling??) seems to be working as well as the Celebrex did so that is good.  My hips feel so much better than before I tried Celebrex.

I do hope this finds you doing well too.

3 comments:

  1. Heather you sound like quite a gift to your "kids"! I too suffer DAILY from terrible headaches. If you can see if it is possible to get referred to a pain clinic,( the only place you can get opiates or narcotics for management) if your insurance covers it. They give me meds that help. SO although I am in pain daily, and I am not talking about becoming an intervention show, a small amount can help you have more "better"days! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather, I hope things are all right. I will be praying for the best outcome. take care..;j

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you, Heather. I hope you had a good Birthday and a beautiful Easter. I want a Nook, too! I keep looking at sales, but so far they are so out of my price range. Boo! Have a great day! Hugs, Missy

    ReplyDelete