Sunday, April 17, 2011

so tired today

I am so tired today.  I don't know if it is because of the long day yesterday or the stress of yesterday, but I am exhausted today.  There were so many desserts yesterday that I ended up bringing home almost the entire yellow cake.  The chocolate one was the shape by I don't care for chocolate cake so I left it.  I really shouldn't have made them, it was a waste of my time and my money.  I wasn't very happy about that but next time, I will not make anything.

I also got called a goody two shoes yesterday which did not make me feel very good.  I was actually really mad with the tone of the voice that was used to call me that.  So now, I am a spoiled brat and a goody two shoes according to Tillie.  I don't find that funny nor do I think it is true.  They were not said in a complementary tone either.  Andrew agreed with the good two shoes comment.  Yeah, what a way to make a cousin feel good.  I did not feel very welcome, I actually almost left because that was so mean.  I don't go places and insult people but I guess I am fair game.  I almost got in an argument with a cousin because she said if she could she would come and take my Japanese maple out of my yard and put it in hers, I said no you wouldn't, she said yes she would.  Well, really?  It is my plant in my house and my brother Richard planted it for my mother.  I was like, oh my, just go to someone's house and steal a plant.  Fortunately, she has emphatically said she is not coming back to my house, so I am hoping I am safe.  Apparently, when she was cleaning out Mom's room (they were supposed to only sort, not get rid of - yeah, many tears over that one) she became ill.  She pretty much said my house is full of mold and something like that.  I pointed out that there is no mold in my house.  I know there isn't, I had it checked and we are all clean from mold.  My mom waterproofed the family room 10 years ago and it is still going strong so no dampness and no mold.

I am not sure why it is okay for people to hurt my feelings when I get reminded not to hurt other peoples feelings (I do NOT go around insulting and hurting people's feelings either).  I guess I just don't matter to certain members of the family.  If I have to worry about their feelings, they should worry about mine.  I am glad I will not be seeing them for Easter, I am going to Kathy's parents house with Kathy.  It was nice to see my Uncle and his wife and a couple of cousins I haven't seen in a really long time, but the insults from 1 cousin and 1 brother were rather mean and I didn't need that.  I don't know if I will go to too many family functions for a while.  It will depend on who is there.  I do like seeing the ones who are nice to me, but I can do without the argument and the insults.  I am not a spoiled brat nor am I goody two shoes.  Do I like to do what is right?  Well, yes, but you don't need to insult me because I am not a rule breaker or a law breaker.  I didn't find it funny at all.

I am heading back to bed again soon because I am so tired today.  I hope tomorrow is a better day.

2 comments:

  1. You know what? Sometimes people who say nasty things are just jealous. You have two debilitating conditions, and you still manage to stay upbeat. You haven't become embittered by it. You're a strong woman, and all her comments show is that she is not a happy woman.

    Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, don't worry about what was said, Christine is right, seems they are jealous..I would just stay away since they put a lot of stress on you..who needs that..shame on them..

    Barb

    ReplyDelete