Saturday, April 16, 2011

Party Day

Today was my and my cousin, Darrin's birthday party.  It was fun.  I still have trouble at family functions because Mom isn't with me.  I miss her even more when we are all together because she should be with us. She was the matriarch, now Tillie is.  Wilbert was there.  He doesn't look like he is really doing too well.  He sat at the kitchen table most of the time.  He did come into the living room for a bit right before he left.  Tillie left before he did because, I guess, they have trouble getting him out the door when she is there so this is the best way to do it.  Andrew was there too along with many cousins.  My cousin, Kenny, his wife, Vicki, and their son, Kyle were there too.  I haven't seen Kyle since he was a little boy.  Kyle and I are now facebook friends.  He is very interested in the family tree.  Tillie and Wilbert have done a lot of work on the McAgy family tree.  Mom was interested too, I was at one time, but right now, I am just not into anything.  Maybe in the future I will be.  Kyle did comment that when he got home he was going to have to draw a family tree to see where everyone belongs.  I can imagine that it would be confusing.  It is difficult when you are meeting one side of the family you have never seen before.  I know them all, so it isn't an issue to me.  My Uncle John, his wife, Michelle, and their son, Jayson were there too.  They just got back from Jamaica last week.  Michelle's niece was getting married there.  They had a great time.

Kayla and Amanda had their lessons this morning before I went to the party.  Both are getting ready for the Spring Concert.  Kayla has decided she is only singing one song.  I said that was perfectly okay.  Amanda is singing one with Katie and then she is singing one by herself.  Kayla is singing one with Amanda.  All in all, I think it will go well.

I have a bit more of a headache today.  I got it at the party near the end.  I left before most everyone did since I had a long drive to go.  It was 1 3/4 hours away and about 1/4 tank of gas.  I do hope that my head goes back to its normal headache.  Somedays I don't even notice the normal headache all day, but tonight's is pretty bad.  I am also very tired.  Driving by myself so far makes me exhausted.  I do hope to see my Uncle again soon.  I also got to spend a lot of time with my brother Andrew.  I forgot to bring the gift I found that Momma had bought in 2006 at Disney World for him.  He laughed when I told him about it.  I was so happy to find the music box that she bought me when we were in Disney.  It was in her Disney box that they saved of her stuff for me.  Momma must have bought it when we were there years ago and forgot about it.  She would buy Christmas gifts all year long and then put them away until Christmas.  Andrew wants me to get rid of all our stuff and move to London with him.  I did tell him that I do not want to move and I like our house.  He said he doesn't like our house and he doesn't miss it at all.  I guess that is good, it means he likes London, Ont., which is where he lives.  He and Angie live together now.  I am glad to see they are together.  It seemed like that just wasn't going to happen.  I was teasing Andrew about having children, and apparently, Angie wants some so oh, okay, maybe I will be an aunt again someday.  If not, that is okay.

I am very tired now.  I am definitely heading to bed early.  Charlie is supposed to be coming tomorrow to trim the bushes.  Addison was here to clean out under the bushes.  He had to earn some volunteer hours for church so he asked if he could do something with my yard.  Hey, I was all for it.  He is also going to cut the grass this summer for me again.  Thank goodness.  I would not be able to do it.  I just can't walk that well to do it.  I am thankful that Charlie is going to trim the trees in the yard, he is doing the front and the back.  The side bushes are okay, they don't need to be trimmed, I don't think.  Between the two young men, our yard will be rocking.

I do hope you had a great day too.  It was a good day despite missing Momma at the party.  I just miss her so much ALL the time.  I don't expect it to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment