Sunday, April 10, 2011

a lovely day

What a beautiful day, both with the weather and with going out to dinner/lunch with friends.  Emily was even able to be there!  I was very happy to see her.  She is so busy as she is a senior in high school this year and she now works part time.  I was happy to see her and Lily for dinner.  We went to Olive Garden for our meal.  I love that place!  It is so yummy!!!  We had a really good time.  I think we were there for a good 2 hours.  We had to leave when it was time for Lily's youth group meeting.  I had such a good time.  I haven't had a relaxing time with the Emerton's in a while.  They are just so busy.  They are such good friends of mine.  They were good friends of Momma too.  I got seafood Alfredo.  So yummy!  Lily got macaroni and cheese and french fries.  She said it was very good.  Emily got a salad.  The food at Olive Garden is always good.

It is 83 degrees today.  How lovely!!!  I am enjoying the sunshine today.  It goes back to the 50s tomorrow and for the rest of the week.  I suppose that is good because I don't relish a super hot summer this year.  Thank goodness for a/c!  I also on the very hot days, miss the pool we had when I was growing up.

Not much happening for the rest of the day.  I am going to work on my writing course some more for the evening.  So far, I am reading the entire course through and then I will go back and read it again and do the exercises.  I am starting to get a few ideas for a story.  I have never had this issue before so it is new to me not to have a story in my head.  I don't really like a blank head.  I miss the music and stories that would fill my imagination.  I am hoping the fog will clear up as I start writing.

I did talk to my big brother, Richard, on my birthday, Friday.  I called him about 9 and then he called me right back.  He said he wasn't sure what time to call.  The kids are busy as usual.  The are now 10 and 11.  Abigail will be 12 in July.  Seems like yesterday she was born.  I sure miss them a lot.  I don't get to see them very often.  I haven't seen them since July 2008 when Mom and I went to Seattle to see them.  I am hoping to see them this summer.  I just miss the whole family so much.

I am having a medium pain day.  Not too bad for the nice weather we are having.  I do have a bit more than usual of a headache right now.  I took some pain pills so that should help.  I have a busy week of teaching ahead of me.  Boy, do I like that!  I just wish I had more!  Hopefully soon I will have a few everyday except Sunday.  i do hope this finds you doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a nice birthday. The "firsts" after we lose our Moms are hard - but you did it! I knew she would be on your mind and in your heart but I knew you would be able to have a great day!
    I'm feeling much better - went to the Dr on Fri and he put me on MORE antibiotics - but not allergic to these thank goodness. Going in for lab work this morning (Yes! It is 9:30 and I have not had ANY COFFFEE!!!! CRIMINEY)
    And then back to the Dr. on Friday.
    So we'll see!
    Have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete