Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday thoughts

It has been a good couple of days.  I was very worried about how I would feel yesterday without Mom and all, but I remembered her and I also found some pictures of a birthday of mine when I was small.  Talk about funny pictures.  They made me laugh.  I vaguely remember how Mom would make a big deal about birthdays, she didn't go overboard (like at Christmas) with presents, but she always let us know how important that day was for her.  She loved to tell me and my brothers about when we were born.  She liked to tell me how she watched me be born.  There was a huge mirror on the ceiling in the hospital that she looked at when I was born.  She also liked to tell me how she knew that she was having a girl, even though in those days nobody knew.  Momma painted my room pink and everything before I was born.  She told everyone that she was having a girl and she was right.  There are pictures of my brothers and I in that album that I just found.  We were so young in those pictures!  I am going to scan them for my brothers and then I will also put them on my computer for me.  I am keeping all the original pictures.  I don't know what I am going to do with them, but I will come up with something.

I had my usual 2 lessons this morning.  Amanda and Kayla are doing very well with their lessons.  Amanda started on a new song that Kayla wants to sing at the concert.  Both girls are going to sing with each other or with Katie for the concert.  Amanda did say she would like to sing Many a New Day by herself.  I said great, that would be wonderful.  I have told both girls it is up to them whether or not they sing with someone or by themselves.  Whatever they are feeling up to.  I am very happy with how my students are progressing.  I just need a few more.  I now have students everyday except for Sunday.  That works for me.

Tomorrow I am going to dinner with Lily and her family.  I am looking forward to that.  Her family are such good friends of mine and they were good friends of Mom.  Mom loved hanging out with Lily.  Any chance we got her made her smile even if it was just taking her home from somewhere.  She felt the same way about Emily and Elyse too.  Boy, I miss her.

It has been a good pain day too despite the dampness in the air.  It is suppose to rain again tomorrow but be very warm, 78 degrees, then back to the normal, 50s for the rest of the week.  We are having a very strange spring this year.  I do hope you are having a good evening!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I've had a rough winter pain and fatigue wise, but the past week has been great. Pain is about 2/10 and energy levels are up for the first time in two years. Long may it last!

    It's lovely to look over old photos, they're such a precious thing to have x

    ReplyDelete