Thursday, April 21, 2011

thursday

I had Breanna's lesson earlier today.  She is doing very well.  She is almost ready to start learning a new hand position in piano.  She is slowly learning how to read the notes faster, which is simply wonderful.  She picked her 2nd voice solo for the spring concert.  She will sing "The Sound of Music".  I adore that song.  I love it so much.  I love the movie too.  Before Christmas I had the TV on and a movie started showing the Alps in Austria and I thought, wow, that looks like the Sound of Music, well, I was right!  So I just stayed where I was and watched the entire for the I don't know how many times.  The first time I saw it I watched it with Momma.  She bought the record for me too so I could learn all the songs (much to my brothers dismay!).  Momma and I would play that record over and over again.  When the VHS came out and we had a video player, Mom bought the movie.  Then on her 70th birthday, we got it on DVD.  I still have it.  I love watching it on TV, especially without commercials.

tomorrow I am going to cook the last of the corned beef.  I have a whole brisket to cook in the crock pot.  I just love corned beef.  I often get it for lunch meat at the store when grocery shopping.  It is soooooo yummy.  I bought 2 of them before St. Patrick's Day.  It was the first time I had seen any at the grocery store this year.  I wish they sold it all year round, but I can deal with it just during March and April.  I am going to put red potatoes in too.  I have some left.  Yum!  It will be a good dinner for the next few days.  I will split it up and then I will freeze the other portions.

I don't have anything but potential housework for the rest of the evening.  I don't have anymore lessons for the day.  I did go to the used bookstore for a few more books.  I do hope they are good.  They sound very good.  I brought some books back to them too that I didn't want to keep.  The problem is that I usually want to keep the books I purchase so it is hard to have trades but right now I have 5 more trades so that is good.  I can't wait until all the books are in the family room in the library part of the family room.  It will be awesome!  Now that tax season is over, I can speak with Julie and we can plan when we are going to do this.  I don't know why some of the books were even taking off the other book shelf, but they were.  I am keeping all those books and I said so at the time they were taking off the shelf.  I said I was keeping them and to leave them there, but they were moved anyway.  Now they will go back where they belong.  I have a lot of history books and biographies too as well as novels.  One year, I gave up reading novels for Lent.  Now I am not Catholic (I am Methodist), but it seemed like a good idea.  Mom was the only one who thought I would be able to do it because I read all the time.  My brothers both thought I wouldn't be able to do it.  Let me tell you, that was the hardest Lent Season ever!  I did, however, survive and that was when I discovered the history books and the biographies so it turned out to be a good idea.  On Easter Sunday, I told the family to leave me be I was going to read all day!  I think I did read most of the day too.  Even though at the time I did most of the cooking, Mom always did the cooking on the holidays.  She was an excellent holiday cook.  When it came to turkeys or anything special like that, it was awesome!  I did learn a bit about holiday cooking from her, but I am thankful that Mrs. Knight will be doing the cooking!  I am thankful for that.  I am bringing Easter treats for the children.  I am excited about doing that.

I have regular pain level today so I am glad.  I do hope this finds you well too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter!

    I didn't know that corned beef was a seasonal thing in the States, we get it all year round here.

    Glad your pain is manageable ;)

    ReplyDelete