Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday

It is raining and has been raining all day.  Yuck, is about all I can say about that.  I am a bit achy from it too.  I was slightly (?) airheady today.  I arrived, I thought, on time for the doctor.  Whoops, I actually was late.  I totally forgot about the mammogram I was supposed to have.  I did have it done, only 45 minutes late.  Fortunately, I did NOT have to reschedule this.  I am thankful for that small thing.  I don't know who invented that machine, but they need to come up with a better invention.  It just hurts so much.  I don't know if it hurts nonfibro people as much, but it just hurts.  Anyways, after that I saw my doctor and we decided to try the Meloxicam that the insurance company will cover.  If it does not work, then we will appeal to the insurance company and then apply for help to cover the $127 that the Celebrex costs because on my meager income, I just can't afford that.

I had a total surprise when i went to the secretary of state's office this afternoon.  I did NOT have to wait!  That is correct!  no waiting!!  I went in and went to the info desk to get my number.  She asked what I needed to have done and I said new tabs and a new handicap sticker as my expires on Friday.  She said she could do that right now.  I was floored.  I have been using the automatic stations because the lines for the people are huge and you end up waiting for a good hour or hour and a half just to pick up new tabs.  I couldn't believe this.  No waiting?  What planet was I on?  I have no idea.  But, 10 minutes later, I had my new sticker and my new tabs.  I did not put them on yet because it is raining out today.  I don't want to have to get new ones because they fell off so I will wait until tomorrow.

I am very tired today.  I don't know if it is the lack of sleep the 2 nights before last has caught up or what, but I am exhausted today.  It also could be all the running around I did this afternoon.  I am not sure.  I am debating on whether or not a nap is a good idea.  It is almost 4:30 pm.

My neighbor, Mary stopped by to see me with her grandson, Carson.  He is 8 and is interested in voice lessons.  Well, I gave her my number (I was in the car ready to go to the secretary of state office) and told her my availability.  She has Carson after school Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Well, that works perfect as those days I have a lot of availability.  I said, look at your schedule and then let me know what works for you.  She said she would give me a call tonight.  I look forward to that.  They live across the street from me so how convenient is that for the young man?  We could start tomorrow or next week, whichever works for him and Mary.


I have had a decent day despite the pain.  I am thinking I might just go into the living room and take a wee nap now.  I am just that tired.  I do hope I sleep well tonight though.  I have to get up a earlier because of Breanna's lessons.  I also am thrilled because I get Lily!!!!  I am picking her up from school tomorrow because Ross will be out of town and Julie will be at work.  The 2nd to last week for taxes is super busy.  I signed off on Mom's and mine today.  I did nearly cry when I signed mom's because it is her last ones ever.  Anything that is the last one for mom makes me weep.  I just miss her so much.  I know so many of you understand that feeling very well and I am thankful for all of the support, prayers, and kind words you have given me.  It sure helps in this very sad time especially since quite a few members of my family think I should be over her by now or moving forward and not looking back.  Either way, I am grateful for my friends and the part of the family that understands how this has been a living nightmare for me.

I do hope this finds you doing very well and maybe you may even have some sunshine??  I certainly hope so!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I wondering if your Dr. advised vitamin D? Some are speculating the lack of sunshine may make fibro worse. I am going to try it. Take good care, and rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that new medicine you are going to try. I hope it helps you and isn't too expensive. I also hope you get the new boy as a student!

    ReplyDelete