Thursday, March 31, 2011

busy busy day!!!!

I love how wonderful today was.  It was super busy for a change.  First up was the lovely Breanna's 2 lessons.  She takes piano and voice.  She is doing rather well.  Piano is a bit of a challenge for her and doesn't come as easy as the voice songs do, but overall, I am pleased with her progress.  After that, Katie came to practice with the accompanist for her audition Saturday for the scholarship.  When Katie was done practicing with Bea, Bea and I went to get a bite to eat.  We went to the usual, Tim Horton's.  It was great as usual.  We sat and chatted for about 45 minutes then headed back to my house for Rachel to come and rehearse with Bea.  Rachel did very well with her music.  I quickly then had to go for my 3 month check up for my tummy at Dr. T's office.  The appointment went quickly since it was just a check up.  I am doing very well on the medicine so no worries there!  I also have graduated up to a 6 month check up instead of 3 months with the understanding should any side effects happen I am to call right away.  I have never yet had any side effects from the medicine so I am not worried about it.  I am very pleased with this progress as I have been going every 3 months for about 3 years now.  Yeah!  The next appointment is in 6 months.  Such great news!

It will be a quiet evening for me.  I am not feeling especially tired like I was last night.  Last night I actually went to bed around 8 pm.  I was simply wiped out.  I don't know why, I just was.  I had a decent night sleep, I did get up once to take some more pain medicine, but other than that, it was a good night for a change.  I think tonight will be a regular night sleep.

Tomorrow I have to get some light bulbs as the kitchen and the dining room are out.  The problem?  I can't hold my arms up long enough to change them myself so my friend, Heather B-T is going to change them during the kids lessons.  Thank God for good friends!!!  It is rather embarrassing though to have to ask someone to change both the dining room and the kitchen light bulbs, thank goodness I don't mind a little embarrassment if it means I get them changed!  I have definitely discovered humility with Fibromyalgia and Arthritis.  I also have Bursitis in my shoulders, so basically, I am a mess.  What can I say???  When the lights in the kitchen blew at Christmas Annie was in town so she changed them.  Once again i was fortunate.  I am very blessed with friends that help me do things.

I am not sure what is for dinner tonight as I am not very hungry.  I need to clean out my crock pot because I am going to make a roast this weekend.  After it is finished I cut it up into several meals and freeze the extras.  It makes for several meals that way and boy are they yummy.  I do like using my crock pot a lot.  It makes cooking really easy.  Toss in and heat!  How hard is that?  Not very hard, even for me.

Pain level isn't too bad for a change.  It is nicer out than it has been so I am thankful for that.  Not as much pain in the warmer, but not too hot, weather.  My hips like the new medicine.  I can get out of chairs so much easier now.  I am very thankful for the new stuff.  I only wish the Savella worked too, but as I have less pain, over all it is better.  If only I could lift my arms!  Ugh, I guess I can't have everything!

I do hope this finds you doing well and having a less pain day too.  Spring may have finally sprung here in Michigan.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your Dr. appt. went well! It has been cold and rainy here ALL week and I am SO ready for warmer weather. Glad your pain wasn't too bad today:)

    ReplyDelete