Sunday, July 3, 2011

the 3rd

Tomorrow is July the 4th.  I plan to work around the house.  I had 2 lessons today, one earlier in the afternoon, Rick, and then Katie's this evening.  I made the mistake of procrastinating about going to Walmart to pick up my prescription.  They are only open until 6 on Sundays I got there at 6:20.  Oops, I don't know if they will be open tomorrow or not but I will check by calling ahead before I leave so I don't go for no reason.  I already picked up the milk that I needed and the grapes.  I was out of both.  I did pick up a chocolate chip cookie, one of those big ones that was decorated for the 4th.  I don't particularly like it. I thought I would, but I don't.  I will be giving the rest of it to some of the students this week.  I am not going to finish it.  i was disappointed because it was $8.00 but I know I won't buy it again!  That is for sure!

I tried to call Abigail again to wish her a happy birthday.  She turned 12 yesterday.  I got Richard's machine again.  That is all I ever get.  I mean, doesn't he ever answer his phone?  I am at the point where I am just not going to call him at all ever again.  That is how I feel because he hasn't answered the phone in months, nor does he call back.  The last time he did was over the lawsuit from the store which he can't totally blame me as he was in it just like me.  He knew what was going on with the store, I held nothing back from him.  There was no surprises at all.  I know there is a family member who seems to think I blindsided him, well, I didn't.  He got weekly, twice weekly, emails, phone calls, visits, I mean, I was in constant contact with him.  So the last time I actually talked to him in person was in April when he called to completely yell at me and I mean yell.  I was holding my phone away from my ear and I could still hear him and I am 50% deaf in both ears.  However, before that was the same thing, he never answered the phone.  I have been at the point where I don't want to call him because I know he isn't going to answer me.  He also doesn't answer emails very often.  If he does, maybe one word answers.  Nothing like you would expect so I don't know.  I am tired of always doing the calling and getting the answering machine.  It really bothers me today and it has for a few months now.  At least last year I got to speak to Abigail personally on her birthday.  Come to think of it, I left 8 messages for William at his birthday and didn't get to speak to him at all.  I just don't know what to do with my older brother.

Rick start some sight-singing today, but i don't  think he is too thrilled with it.  We talked a bit about key signatures and how to figure them out and he was like, why?  what difference does it make?  We only ended singing one of the exercises, not 4 like I had planned.  I don't know if I will do this again with him, I will decide that next week.  I am going to introduce sight-singing to Beth.  I think she will be interested because it will help her with auditioning for musicals like she likes to do.  She didn't get in the chorus of Music Man.  I was disappointed too.  She worked so hard for that audition but they had her try out with a part she didn't know she was trying out for.  The director said for her to try out for the next one and keep working so that is awesome.  She is working very hard on improving her voice.  She practices a lot so that the next play, she will get in.  Katie is excited because she has her first German song.  German is not a language I am very comfortable teaching, but fortunately, she is pretty fluent so between the two of us, she will do well.  I am excited for her because she gets so happy with these type things.  She will be emailing me with her schedule for the next two weeks to plan her next lesson.

I am watching a program about Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York.  It is very interesting.  I think I will plan on watching it from now on.

I am hoping tomorrow to finish the putting away of music and the CDs but I will be happy with putting in a dent in the job.  I may wake up and go and see Donna tomorrow.  I don't know.  I will see what tomorrow brings.
I have a bit of a bad headache tonight.  I don't know why but it is here again.  There are fireworks going on in the neighborhood right now.  It scared me the first time as I didn't realize it was fireworks time again.  We usually hear them starting on July 1 to about July 5.  Usually around midnight they stop lighting them off.

I hope you are having a good weekend.  It has been a pretty good day with 2 lessons for the day and reading some new-to-me books.

No comments:

Post a Comment