Thursday, July 21, 2011

a record hot day

It was just over 100 degrees today and with the heat index it feels about 110.  I can't imagine how my friend, Missy and other friends can handle the hotter weather down south.  I did have to do a bit of grocery shopping today, I wish I waited until tomorrow but I need milk and lunch meat for today.  I went in for a few things and I came out 40 items later!  I got a new thermometer for me.  I have noticed that there are days it seems I have a low grade fever so I am going to be keeping track of my temperature.  Today it is at 98.4 so that is good.  Last night I had the night sweats again.  I get them a few times a week again.  I am not sure why, but I will be keeping track of myself.

Breanna had her lessons this afternoon.  She takes both piano and voice.  She went to Pittsburg to audition for American Idol.  She was able to audition but the judge said she was too young.  She is 15 and I thought they were taking 15 year olds again this year.  Whatever, anyways the judge said to come back another year so I thought that was pretty positive for her.  It gives us another year to work on maturing her voice so that she will be even more ready next year.  Breanna has a very strong chest voice and her head voice is getting stronger but I think 1 more year will really make a difference for the young lady.  She is a lot of fun to work with too.  We have a date for the summer concert so it is time for her to decide what she wants to sing.  I think she should do the song she played and sang today from Pink.  It is really neat and definitely has the Wow factor in it.

I only have Acer for lessons tomorrow.  Calli is at camp.  I do hope she is having a great time.  Acer is at day camp this week so I can't wait to hear how his camp is going when I see the young man tomorrow.  I was hoping to take Lily to see Monte Carlo on Saturday but she will be busy getting ready for her performance in Summer Music Theatre next weekend.  I thought it was over, I am glad it isn't because I would like to see the performance if I can still get tickets.  If not, I will have to wait until next year.  Lily and family will be going on vacation so when they come back we will work on the rest of Mom's and the family rooms.  I think that will be good to work on at the end of summer.  It is too hot to work on it right now.

I do hope you are staying cool in this super hot heat.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Heather! Yes, it is certainly trying to stay cool when the weather is over 100!! But we stay in air conditioned cars and stores and at home and it helps a little. Hope you are doing well and cool off soon!!
    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. been hearing about the heat on the news and it sounds miserable. Hope you are faring well...take care.

    ReplyDelete