Friday, July 1, 2011

expect the unexpected

Acer and Calli had their lessons today.  Acer has informed me that he is finished with "Candle on the Water" and was ready to start his Italian song like Calli.  Calli just started Italian classical music two weeks ago with "Caro Mio Ben".  She is doing very well with it.  So I smiled and pulled out the Italian book and Acer sang "Caro Mio Ben" and he did a really good job with it.  I long ago realized that Acer would be full of surprises and just go with the flow.  When you have a student like him, regular standard lessons don't always work.  He is an on the go guy with perfect pitch.  Yes, I said perfect pitch.  The young man can tell you any note you play and he is always, always right.  He can take any pitch and tell you what note it is.  He will be right too.  I have witnessed it.  It is amazing.  Calli does very well too, but she being a bit older, likes the structure of regular lessons.  Today we finished Brailling out the "Feed the Birds" Song.  She is 2/3 finished learning the "Caro Mio Ben" song.  I do hope Acer doesn't want to sing "Caro" for the summer concert as Rick has already called it.  I may have to start a different Italian song with Acer.  I am going to be pulling out the Easy solos for the beginning singer books for him.  He learned a new hand position today in piano.  I am very pleased with how they are doing.  Most of my students try really hard to do their best so I am happy with all of them.  I can't wait for the 11th when I see the Muglia girls for the first time in about 2 months.  I will also be able to finally meet Thomas!  He is smiling now!  I will be going to see Harry Potter with the girls in a few weeks.  I am not sure when yet, but we will work it out.  The girls and I are all Harry Potter fans!  The girls have practically memorized every line in all the movies so far.  It is quite cute to see.  I wonder if they will ever make a Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit Game.  I had heard years ago that they were going to but I don't know if they did.

I am going to go to bed after the season finale of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" show.  It is so good.  I love the glimpse of the Gypsy lifestyle you get with it.  I was surprised at how strictly the girls are raised, that was surprising.  It was also surprising how they don't emphasize education for the girls.  The show takes place in Great Britain, but I think they are going to create one for the USA.  That would be interesting too and to compare to it.

I was so tired today that I didn't go and get my hair done like I usually do.  My shoulder has been doing pretty well lately so I thought I would try to do it myself and see how it works.  I will see how it is going tomorrow.  I have no lessons tomorrow so I have a lot of things I want to get done.

I do hope it is a good day for you and have a good day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! I never forget you and I am finally getting my storage so I can send my gifts out! I hope you have a lovely 4th of July! Stories of your studnets are so sweet. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete