Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Lovely summer afternoon

I have been enjoying a quiet afternoon of reading Harry Potter number 6.  I am about 1/2 way through it at this point.  I don't think I will finish it tonight but probably will tomorrow.  I got up earlier today than I have been and that is good because I have been going to bed later and later which means getting up later and later so I should be going to bed at my regular time tonight and getting back on schedule.  I have one one hour lesson tomorrow.  I do enjoy Rick's lessons very much.  He doesn't practice too much during the week at times, but when he does practice he does very well with it.  He is having trouble with the tempo of "They Call the Wind Mariah" song.  It is quiet fast and there really is no help from the accompaniment, which is hard to follow unless you are very familiar with it.  I find even when I am playing his part at times I am off tempo and I am very familiar with the song.  One of the other Broadway pieces, "If I Loved You" beginning is getting better.  Most of the song plays the melody in the piano part except at the beginning, of course, the hardest part of the song.  Over all, I am mostly pleased with his progress.  His will be the only lesson tomorrow.  On Monday, Bob has rescheduled his lesson to Wednesday because of his work schedule but Katie will have her lesson so I am very happy about that.  I love my Katie!  Actually, I really like all my students from my little ones who are so adorable to my adult students who are very nice.  Beth is really getting into singing because we started a new song and she wanted to know what we will be working on with this one.  I was pleased.  I give songs for specific techniques most of the time but most of the students don't really ask why so it was surprising by a nice surprise, that Beth asked what was the technique to work on.

I am going to try to get my little ones together to go and see the newest Winnie the Pooh movie this week.  I really want to see it and I have already talked to the parents about all of us going.  I always have parents go too when little ones are involved.  It is best.  I have a lovely gift certificate that will allow me to go see both the Harry Potter movies and the Winnie the Pooh movies.  I am very grateful for it as you know, I am trying to pay as much as I can on my property taxes from 2010 so I can start on my property taxes 2011 before the deadlines of both sets of taxes.  I don't allow much fun money for myself as I have quite a bit of fun stuff here at the house and don't need too much.

I am hoping that in the next few weeks Julie will be available to help with the family room.  I have to call on Monday the Salvation Army to pick up the stuff.  I think about it when I can't call and when I can, I don't think about it.  What can I say?  I am me.  I also want to put the china cabinet back together with all the stuff where it belongs.  Right now some of the stuff is in a box and the rest is just sitting in the cabinet not where it belongs.  Yeah, I really wish that had not been touched.  It really didn't need to be moved or anything removed.  At least the stuff on top of the cabinet hasn't been touch.  Okay, it does need to be cleaned, but not removed.  I plan to take this summer to do a good housecleaning through the house.  I have done some but not near enough yet.

Anyways, it has been a very nice afternoon and evening so far.  I am preparing myself for the new Harry Potter movie with reading the books.  Next will be watching the movies.  I have loaned the 6th and 7th part 1 movies out but I will get them back soon, I am sure.  I have seen most of movie 3, all of the 4th and the end part of 5 so I am almost caught up and ready to see the latest and final movie.  I hope Kathy gets to see it tomorrow.  She isn't sure that she and her boys will be able to, but we are all hoping they can.  I do hope you are having a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment