Tuesday, July 5, 2011

where did the weekend go?

all of a sudden, it is Tuesday!  What happened to my 3 day weekend?  I vaguely remember having 2 lessons on Sunday but that is about it.  I had grand plans for the weekend reorganizing my music and teaching CDs, plus my room, yeah, nothing really happened.  I was tired on Saturday so I went to the bookstore and got some new to me books.  I ended up going to bed rather early.  I just couldn't stay awake.  I don't remember too much about Sunday, but I think I went to bed rather early that day to or I took a nap, I can't remember which.  Yesterday, I had a bad headache (still have it today, just slightly better than yesterday) and pretty much slept all day and night.  i got up, took some medicine, went back to bed, got up, got some lunch, took some pain medicine, went back to bed, got up again, read for a bit, and went back to bed again.  I pretty much spent all day in bed.  My head was just so bad and I was very, very tired.  So, so much for getting things done.  I will do them another time.  I think this weekend, when I am not teaching, I will do a little bit at a time instead of all of it at the same time.  Maybe then, i will get it done.  I certainly hope so.  I have music in small piles all over the table in the office.  It needs to be cleaned up so that I can put the office in order.

I had 4 lessons today.  3 were regularly scheduled lessons and 1 was a make up from yesterday.  Laith was absent today.  He is in Mexico with his Mom.  I do hope they are having a good time.  I have been to Mexico a couple of times, both times on a cruise ship.  The first time, the stopover was in Cozumel.  That was a nifty city and I enjoyed my time.  The second time, Mom and I went to 3 other places on the west side of Mexico, the names escape me right now.  Mom and I had a really good time.  I really liked going on vacation with Mom because she was so much fun.  Much more fun than going with some of my friends at the time, except Kathy.  Kathy and I always have a good time together.  Mom and I had so much in common with our likes and our dislikes that going on vacation together was always fun.  Mom would stay up a bit later than me planning our adventures for the next day.  Sometimes she was so intent on making sure I saw everything I wanted that she wouldn't tell me about what she wanted to see.  I would have to say, Momma what do you want to see?  I made sure she saw what she wanted.  I think one of the best vacations (it is hard to choose as they all were wonderful) was going to Prince Edward Island.  I loved that place so much.  It is where the author of Anne of Green Gables is from and where Anne of Green Gables takes place.  We had so much fun there.  Of course, by the time we got to Anne's land, I was already broke.  We were at the beautiful house that was a childhood home of Lucy Maud Montgomery.  Her great grand nephew was the curator and he told us story after story about his aunt.  Mom and I loved every minute of it.  The pictures he had and just everything was great.  We spent about 6 hours there.  I saw 2 lovely books I wanted but I was broke so Mom said, they will be your Christmas present.  Hey, I was all for it!  The funny thing was, but the time Christmas came, she had forgotten about them.  I didn't but I didn't want to say anything right then and there.  Fortunately, a few days later she found them in her closet and then I got them.  One was an Anne of Green Gables Christmas Treasury book (it isn't published anymore either) and the other was one of her journals.  Both are really good books.  I also have a Little Women treasury book and a different Anne of Green Gables treasury book.

It has been a pretty good day despite the bigger than usual headache.  I do hope you are having a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment