Thursday, July 14, 2011

visiting day

I went to lunch with Anne today.  She is on vacation from NYC.  We went to Olive Garden and had a very good time.  I really liked visiting with her.  She is going to a Harry Potter party tonight before they go to the movie at midnight.  As much as I love harry Potter, I am NOT going at midnight tonight.  It will be very crowded and people have been lining up all day at the various theatres.  I do hope she and her friends have a wonderful time.  Anne and I had a lovely lunch and chatted away.  I got the latest scoop on her life and told all of mine.  It was a pleasant way to spend some time.  

After lunch I went to the doctor's office for the usual blood test.  Yuck on that one.  There was a new nurse and I was very concerned she wouldn't be able to get me as that is always my concern.  I was like you get one chance and that is it.  It hurts too much.  Well, much to my surprise, she actually GOT me!  Surprise!  I know!  She was excited about it because everyone told her how hard I am to get so now she can go and brag she said.  I thought that was kind of cute, brag to the rest of the nurses that she was able to get me when very few can.  I also had to call about my bill because they did something goofy with it.  It has been taken care of now.

I have no real plans for the weekend.  I am not able to go to the family BBQ as I just don't have the money.  I am actually not that upset by that because I am really working on getting my bills in line and pay the property taxes so to spend that extra money would not be good right now.  Not at this point.  I do plan one trip to Canada this summer and that is when Mom's gravestone in put on her grave.  That I plan to go and see.  Her ashes were buried in Chatham, Ontario right near where she grew up and was born.  The family farm that was sold during the war and her grandfather's farm are somewhere around the cemetery that we put her ashes in.  It is next to a historical church that she attended as a child.  She wanted to be buried in Canada with her grandparents so that is where we put her.  If anything happens to me, that is where I would like my ashes to be buried to.  Right near Mom.  I need to be near her.  Anyways, I am skipping the family BBQ in lue of that.  I think that is super important to save the money to go to.  Other than that, I am not planning any trips or anything like that.  I need to put all my money on the taxes so that it is taken care of by the deadline.  I am more confident now that it will be okay with the way the bills have been paid for this month and the plans for the rest of the month.  I am very happy with how I am doing with the bills.

Well, it has been a great day.  I do hope to see Harry soon, but not this coming week either.  I am hoping that when Kathy comes to town, we will see it together.  She will be here the last weekend in July so only 3 weekends away.  Yeah!  I do hope you have had a good day too!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great lunch and nice visit! I'm with you...I wouldn't want to stand in line to get into the Harry Potter movie, but I do want to see it, too!
    Have a nice weekend, whatever you decide to do!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you're having a good time and are upbeat :)

    ReplyDelete