Friday, July 22, 2011

A Bit Cooler of a Day

It is still hot but not as hot as yesterday!  thank goodness for that!  I went and got an oil change for my baby car this afternoon.  The oil change place has changed hands and I didn't notice it until I pulled it.  It wouldn't have matter as I needed it done.  They don't vacuum out the cars anymore though and I was really counting on that.  I will go and vacuum out the car next week when the weather is a bit warmer.  I did get rid of all the garbage in the car in the door spaces.  I will not let garbage go in them anymore.  It is too messy and I want a clean car now.  I also found some cream containers in the passenger side of the car.  I was not happy about that because cream can smell when it is spoiled.  I know who did it and it won't happen again because I won't allow it.  Also, the 3 bottles that were in my car were not from me either and that isn't happening again either.  bottom line, my baby will stay clean from me and others.  I just have to wipe the dashboard and the sides of the doors.  I also need to clean the inside of the windows next week too.  My car will be spiffy and beautiful again.  No more people going, you need to clean the dashboard and the windows.  I bought some cleaning cloths for the car that I will use.

Acer didn't have a lesson today as the little man's mom was not feeling well.  Heather B-T gets some dozy of headaches so they needed to stay home.  Acer has decided though what songs he is going to play at the concert.  He will play 3.  Hey works for me.  He has also moved on for singing songs too.  He is finished with Caro Mio Ben (he only knows 1/2 of it right now) and is wanting to know Feed the Birds.  That works for me too.  Acer and I don't always follow the general pattern that I set for each lesson.  He works much better this way and so I do things a bit different for him than I do for most other students.  Sometimes you just have to change the style for what works best for the student.  This is definitely needed for Acer to keep him challenged and interested.  I am pleased with how well he is doing.  Acer is also still working out new songs all the time on the piano.  It is so nice to have him say, listen to this and I do.  Calli is a bit more structured of a lesson.  This is due to partly her age and her level but also she works well with a bit more structure.  I am pleased with how well she plays and sings too.  It is nice to have students again who range in age.  For a while, I only had older students but now I have some little ones again too.  I really like that variety of ages and levels with my students.

We have a date for the Summer concert/BBQ.  It is August 28 and I am thrilled.  I will be working on the flyer this evening.  I want to be passing it out next week.  I do know that Bob will be absent because they will be in Maine.  I am disappointed, but hey, he will be having a good time in Maine!  Everyone will hear him at the Christmas Concert.

Katie is going to help me put away the music at the end of the summer.  I am so grateful.  I have tried to put some away, I just don't stand well enough for it.  Also, at the middle to end of August is when Lily and Julie are available to help with the family room.  That works for me!!!  I think I will have Lily help decorate the house for Christmas again this year.  She is very creative and I am not always that creative like she is.  I am going to have more decorations up I think this year.

Pain is a bit high today, I think mainly because it has been so hot.  I ache more in the extreme temperatures.  My head hasn't been too good these last few weeks.  I am hoping next week will be a bit better.  I am missing Mom as usual.   It is hard to believe but it has been just over 9 months since she passed away.  Sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday and other times it seems like it has been forever.  I just want my Mom back.

I do hope this finds you doing well and staying cool.

2 comments:

  1. just checking in real quick to make sure you are hanging in there with the heat...talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better today. I hurt more in the high heat, too. I'm thinking about you....and thank you for stopping by my blog! I enjoy yours, too.

    ReplyDelete