Friday, July 15, 2011

Mid July

We are supposed to be getting a heat wave starting tomorrow all week next week.  Yeah, a full week of aching more than usual.  I ache more in extreme heat and extreme cold.  i don't know why, I just do.  The cold makes sense but not the heat.  I have no lessons tomorrow.  It will be another Harry Potter day.  I do have to do some vacuuming since I have put it off this week because I was reading all my Harry Potter books to get ready to see the newest and last movie.  It is sad that this is the end of the movies because they are so good.  Yes, I still like the books best, but the movies are very good too.  Mom really liked them too.  Pretty much anything I do or see I immediately think of whether or not she would like it.  Since we liked so much the same, everything reminds me of her.  It is bittersweet to do things I know she would like without her.  It makes the happy somewhat sad.  I am going to wait until Kathy to come for the weekend before I see the movie.  I know that she will see it before me because she is planning to take the boys so she will see it again with me.  I also plan to see it another time with my Muglia girls.  They saw it last night at the midnight premier.  I was up until about 2 am reading book number 5 last night so I didn't get up to early.  I am going to get up at about 12:30 tomorrow.  I have some things I want to do before I sit down for a lovely afternoon of reading.  I will be starting book 6 this evening and finishing it up tomorrow along with starting with book 7, the last one.  I loaned Bill, Heather B-T's husband the 6th movie as he hasn't seen that one or the 7th movie part 1.  As soon as Charlie sees it and returns it, then I will loan him that one.  It is interesting to see the earlier movies and see how young the characters are.  The have grown so much.  They started as children and now they are all adults.

Calli and Acer had their lessons this afternoon.  Acer now is learning, officially, the Caro Mio Ben song just like Calli.  He also wants to learn her "Feed the birds" song.  It is so fun to teach them their lessons.  Acer is almost finished with the level 1A book for piano and will be starting 1B rather shortly, like in about 2 weeks.  I have to find the level 1B Cd for Acer.  He likes to hear his songs that he is learning on the CD.  He also likes playing along with the CD which is what it is for.  I like watching him play different songs on the piano, it is interesting because every week he comes with new ones he has figured out during the week.  He plays music all the time, the drums, the piano, the new accordion.  It is interesting to see what he will bring to his next lesson.  For the next 2 lessons though, he will be the only one having lessons as Calli will be having a great (I hope) time at camp.  She goes for 2 weeks on Sunday.  She had a good time last year so I am pretty sure she will have a good time this year.  I really do.  I can't wait to hear all about it in 3 weeks.

It has been a short day today as I am tired earlier than usual.  I may head up to bed soon.  I could sleep right now so that would be good.  I do hope you are having a good day too.

1 comment: