Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday, July 17

I finished the 7th Harry Potter Book tonight.  I love those books.  I am now ready to see the movie when Kathy comes to town.  Yeah!  I started the book this afternoon and am now finally done.  Almost all of the HP books are down here in the dining room right now waiting to be read again when I feel like it.  Eventually, all the books and DVDs will go in the family room where they belong.  Then the dining room table will be turned to face a different direction and I will be able to have the table center underneath the light in the dining room instead of where it is.  It bugs me that it isn't centered but right now it won't fit the proper way.  I will be getting rid of the desk that is in the dining room.  I just don't particularly like it in the dining room, it just is in the way.  I don't really need it either.  The one thing I want brought up though is the Elliptical machine.  There is a corner of the dining room it will fit in so that I can watch TV while I exercise.  That is necessary so that I can concentrate on the TV instead of the exercising.  The move will happen sometime this summer.  I don't know why it was moved in the first place, but it was.  One more thing that shouldn't have moved.  I do hope by fall to have the house somewhat in order and ready for the cold season that will arrive.  I have a gas fireplace downstairs in the family room that needs to be checked over by a professional before I have it lit.  It hasn't been lit in about 5 years so I don't know what shape it is in.  I am not going to have it lit until it is checked.

I have been watching the "Finding Sarah" on the OWN network.  She just did a 26 mile trek through the coldest part of Canada.  They left from Yellowknife and went out so many miles and then came back.  The temperatures were about -35 degrees F.  Yeah, wow, talk about being super cold.  That is so not for me.  She did it though, and boy do I give her credit for doing it.  I just know I couldn't do it.  I could not walk 26 miles and drag a sled that weighs about 45 pounds full of gear.  Yeah, that is too cool she could do it.

Rick had his lesson this afternoon.  He brought a recorder so we recorded many of his songs so that he could practice better.  The lesson went well.  After that I went and read some of the book until I was so tired that I had to take a nap.  Once I woke up, I came down and ate dinner.  Then I read the rest of the book.  It has been a rather quiet day and that was good for me.  I needed some quiet days this past week. Tomorrow is an exciting day because I will be meeting with my friend, Wendy for some get together time.  After that I will have my Katie and Emily's lessons.  I will also have a brand new student tomorrow night, Georgia.  She is an adult but I am hoping she will last like Beth and Rick have.  We shall see.  I will be pulling the music for Georgia in the afternoon probably after Katie's lesson.  Georgia just called to get directions and my address for tomorrow.  I am so excited about this lesson so I am really hoping she will like lessons and stay.

I am heading to bed shortly.  I will be setting my alarm because I don't want to miss meeting up with Wendy.  that would just be awful.  I do hope this was a good day for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment