Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday

I was supposed to have 4 students today and ended up with 1.  I am thankful for the one.  The first student, Terry, I had spoke to earlier this week to find out his schedule.  We agreed that Friday at 1 pm would be good.  Unfortunately he didn't let the new company know or he didn't get back in town on time, either way he didn't have a lesson.  The other two's Mom was not feeling very well today.  She gets bad headaches like I do, so when they arrive, you can only lay down and hope that it goes away so that left only Christine's lesson.  Thankfully, she and her Mom are feeling good for the day.  Christine will have her lesson again next week at the same time.  She is 10 almost 11.  Calli just turned 11.  I think the girls will get along well and have someone to hang out with at concerts.  I just wish they were closer in the piano levels so they could play duets together.  Oh, well, I will get a duet from someone someday.  I will just have to wait a bit longer.

Last night was a great evening.  Breanna had her lesson and right after I went over to Heather B-T's house for Calli's birthday dinner and brownies.  It was a wonderful time.  By the time I got there Acer was waking up from a wee sleep and Calli and I were chatting away.  I can't believe the lovely young lady is now 11.  It is hard to believe, but it is true.  She is 11.  I was honored to be asked to come and celebrate with her.  Talk about a great time!  I had a wonderful evening with the family.  Calli got some nice gifts for her birthday.  She was very excited about that.  Acer was excited to help Calli open up gifts.  We had rice with spinach, chicken, and veggies for dinner with homemade brownies for desert.  Calli wanted brownies instead of cake.  Hey, works for me.  Whatever works for her, works for me.  Overall, a great evening and no place I would have rather spent it.  They are great kids and i enjoy all the time I get to spend with them.

I met up with my friend, Wendy for tea this afternoon.  We had such a good time as usual.  She is a good friend.  We meet up every few months to hang out for a bit.  She is a pretty busy person.  She works two jobs, not to mention a wife and mother with 2 lovely children.  We usually only get about 1 1/2 hours, but hey, I will take as much time as I can get.  I enjoy talking to her about everything.  Her daughter just made her high school freshman softball team.  She is so excited about that.  I was excited for her.  She has played softball for about 9 years now.

It is hard to believe that it is Friday already.  Just seems like yesterday it was Sunday.  Time is flying fast.

The Celebrex seems to be helping with the lower back and hips pain.  I don't have as much pain getting up from my chair at nighttime.  I am glad about that.  It was getting really hard at nighttime.  Anytime after 5 pm the pain would just get worse.  I know that is about the sun goes down and the temperature drops, but the pain would just be worse.  I am thankful something is working a bit.  it doesn't erase all the pain, but it is helping some and that is what I needed.  I didn't expect it to get rid of the pain.  I don't think anything will.

With the 2 temporary students finished, the 5 adult students who started in January and have quit, and the other student who has quit, I find once again I am nervous about finances.  I am praying for more students that will stay with the lessons.  I need some more so that I can make all my bills not just some of the bills.  I need prayers on this a lot right now.  I know that I am not the only one in this position.  I do hope that in the next month or so I will be able to be okay again.  I am hopeful in this.  I am trying to rely on prayer and faith on this.  I am confident that eventually I will have the amount of students I need to pay all of my bills not just some of them.

Overall, I must say, despite my disappointment over the first student not showing up, it has been a good day.  Meeting up with Wendy and having Christine's lesson have made it a good day.  I do hope my friend, Heather B-T's headache is gone and she is having a good evening.  It has been a pretty good week so far.  Tomorrow I have 3 lessons that I am excited about.  I don't know what else I am going to do tomorrow, but the lessons will be fun.  I do hope this finds you doing well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment