Saturday, March 19, 2011

saturday

I had 3 lessons this late morning/early afternoon.  I got up earlier than usual because the lessons start at 11 am.  Yes, I know, it is not early for some people, but it is for me.  I got up at 10:30 and then went downstairs to sit and wait.  I sort of dozed as I was waiting for Amanda.  Amanda is doing very well.  She is happy with the songs she is learning.  We talked a bit about what she wanted to do for the spring concert.  I told her (and Kayla) that if there was something in particular they want to learn and I don't have it, they will have to go and purchase it themselves.  I don't have much in the way of popular music.  It is just not possible for me to keep up with that.  I don't have the money nor the space for the music.  Kayla had her lesson right after Amanda.  She is doing very well, but she thinks she is doing terrible.  I try to encourage her to let her know she is doing well.  She just doesn't believe me.  The biggest problem is that Amanda has a naturally mature voice while Kayla has a regular 12 year old voice.  Her voice will mature, I keep telling her this.  She is only 12, of course she says she is 13, which she isn't.  She has negativity for much of her lesson these days.  I am at wits end trying to figure out what to do.  She is doing very well and there has been improvement with her voice.  I think next week I will give her a lower song that may help her feel a bit better.  I just don't know.  It is so tough to watch a young person with so much potential and talent think she doesn't have either.  Katie had her lesson after Kayla.  She received her score sheets back from competition.  She is pleased with how she did.  She is going to audition for a scholarship that is put on by a local teacher group.  She could win $500.  That is a big chunk of money that she could definitely need for school in the next few years.  Katie is in high school but she is in a special program that requires her to go 1 more year for high school because by the time she finishes high school she will also have her associates degree.  I am so happy that she is in this program.  It has matured her and given her a focus that she didn't have a couple of years ago.  I am excited that she is going to try for this scholarship.  I am going to contact 2 of my friends to see if they can accompany Katie.

After lessons I wanted to get out of the house for a bit.  i was feeling a bit of cabin fever so I went to Tim Horton's for lunch.  I am working on cutting out a lot of my trips there because I just can't afford it without Mom here plus it was getting boring without having someone to go with.  I enjoyed her company so much that to go on my own is just not what I want.

When I got home I took a nap because I was so tired.  Between getting up early and not having a good sleep last night, I was very tired.  I ended up sleeping for 4 hours and I am still tired.  I am not sure when I will go to bed tonight whether it will be early or regular time.  Tomorrow I need to pull my tax stuff together and get Sarah her new books for piano.  She is starting Monday after her sisters' lesson.  I know have 4 of the Muglia children for students.  I am excited for Sarah to be starting.  Apparently, she plays a bit everyday.  That is a good habit to get into.  Her older sisters practice pretty much everyday and have since they started lessons so many years ago.  I think it was about 8 years ago, but I am not sure.  I think Hannah was 7 and now she is 15.  Lydia was 6 and now she is 14.  Natalie didn't started with her sisters, but she easily caught up to them and now they are all about at the same level which is nice and not because they all play the same music eventually.  I try not to give them the same songs at the same time though so there is some variety in the practicing.

I am at a loss of what to do.  There is a children's book writing course I would like to take.  I have been writing for young people since I was a teenager.  I have some talent (I am certainly NOT saying I am the best ever, because I am NOT) and I have been told that I do.  I have taken a couple of other writing courses with this company so I know the company.  Their copywritingbreakingant to get back into writing and I do feel the course would help me break into the business.  I just don't know if I should use the emergency money.  There isn't much left and this would make even less.  However, I do know that if I tighten my belt, I can replace some of the money in the next few months so that is a possibility.  It is so hard to make this type of decision by myself.  I have asked 2 friends for their opinions.  I could use the extra money if I get published, but I know breaking in is a difficult thing, not impossible, but difficult and I haven't written professionally for about 5 years now so it is like rebreaking into the field.  I don't know.  I have been praying about it.

It has been a good day, I do hope yours has been good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment