Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I may have been a bit hasty

I may have been a bit hasty in my thinking the Celebrex and the Savella aren't working.  I haven't taken either of them for 2 days and tonight when I got out of my chair, oh my, the pain.  I also can't sleep because of the pain.  Yes, I came down and took a Savella.  I also priced the Savella.  I don't know how I will afford them, but they did seem to work enough where I could get out of the chair without to much pain at night and get some sleep.  Right now it is 2:08 am and I am tired but I ache so I can't really sleep.  Thank goodness tomorrow is a no student day, just my friend Vicki stopping by to pick up some violins for a fundraiser they are planning for her friend's husband.  He needs a heart transplant and they don't have the money for it.  I am not sure how I can buckle down more to stretch the money to get the new prescriptions, but I will try.  I may be able to get some more samples from the doctor but I know he was out of the Celebrex, that was why he wrote me a prescription for it and only gave me 6 days worth of the sample.  I don't know, but I will try somehow.  How do people do it with more prescriptions?  I know, they don't fill them.  that is what I have done in the past, stopped taking a lot of the medicine.  What can I say?  I am in the same boat as so many that I know.  I am thankful that I have the Medicare part D but I do wish I had some secondary insurance but I am not at the point that I can afford something like that right now.  Please pray that I get more students.  That would help.  2 new weekly students on my own or 4 new weekly students from the new company and I will be able to pay for the new prescriptions.  I also need a few more to pay for the property taxes too.  I am still just a bit short to make everything, I have the basics now, just need the property tax and the new prescriptions to be covered and then I will be fine.

I am going to try to get some sleep now.  I do hope I do.  I don't like being awake at this time of night.  I should be asleep like the rest of the world.  Nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. Savella IS expensive! Even with insurance it was $50.00 when I was using it. Hope it works out for you and that you got some sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    I'll pray that more students come your way. Medication is just so awfully expensive. I was prescribed Savella and Celebrex as well. But the Celebrex did me in awful. I was actually too nervous to take the Savella. I have terrible reactions to almost all medications so I go without meds. I do hope you get more sleep. It's just miserable then being up all night because of pain and not being able to sleep.

    Gentle hugs and prayers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete