Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday 3-15

Hard to believe we are in the middle of March already.  I suppose it isn't a bad thing, just surprising that it is here already.  I spoke to Kathy on the phone today for over an hour and boy was it great.  I so miss seeing her all the time.  You would think after 14 years of her living in the western part of the state that I would be used to it, but no, I am not.  I try to talk with her at least once a week or once every other week.  With the way her kids are growing, anything less and I miss something.

I am not as tired as I thought I would be at this time of day.  I had to get up earlier than usual for the blood test today.  Only one poke today!  Thank goodness for that.  I figured I would need a nap before Charlie's lesson tonight.  Maybe I won't.  that would be nice, a napless day, highly unlikely though.  He will be here this evening.  He is such a good kid.  He is definitely one of those student teachers love to have.  Tomorrow is a studentless day.  Maybe I will go and get my hair cut.  I want to get some bangs and some length cut off.  We shall see.  I don't know.  I do want to get some vacuuming done tomorrow on the main level since when my cousins were here the floor needs it pretty bad.  i also need to scrub that area too.  That would about do me in for the rest of the day so that will be my only plans tomorrow.  I plan on putting the sheets and blankets on Mom's bed tonight before bed.  The quilt will look so pretty with the new blankets and pillows.  I am pleased with my purchase.  Then it will just need a guest to come and stay the night in there.

Monday I have the Muglia girls for their lessons.  I am bringing the portable sewing machine for them and the hoodies that I have to separate.  I have several hoodies that I think will look so cute on them that were Mom's.  Most of the ones I am giving them Mom never wore or rarely wore but some are ones she wore.  The 3 older girls love hoodies a lot and since I have quite a few, I am giving them some.  There are about 4 in my room that need to go.  Those ones, Mom never wore because they were too thin for her but she would have looked so adorable with them on.  I just wish she could have worn them.  We had fun picking them out for her.  Mom had a nice smile when she realized that they were for her.  She was always surprised when I bought stuff for her like that.  She rarely asked for anything too.  Once in a while we would pass a particularly cute stuffed animal or a sweatshirt or something like that and she would ask if we could get it.  Generally, this was so rare that I almost always was able to get it for her.  We usually only were at the store when we had money to spend anyway.  I am not a window shopper and I hate going shopping in general so to shop and only look doesn't work well for me.  I go when I have a particular thing I need and I have the money to purchase it.  I work on the cash only basis.  It is amazing though, how many credit card offers I have received since I filled for bankruptcy.  Yeah, you know I shred those things super duper fast.  First of all, I don't have extra money to be paying a credit card bill every month and second of all, I don't need a credit card to temp me.  I have no reason to really have one especially one that has $150 a year fee.  If I had $150 a year it would go on a bill, not the credit card.  Yes, eventually I will need to start working on rebuilding my credit, but the offers I have been getting are not the way to do it.  Nothing like temping the person who just declared bankruptcy to go and get in the same financial mess again.  Of course, I wouldn't because I don't have a store to lose again.  I don't own a business anymore.  I am an independent contractor for teaching and I only teach a few lessons a week.  I know I won't get in the same mess because the circumstances won't repeat themselves.  I also, believe it or not, have discovered I like this new cash only business.  If I have the cash and I need it I will buy it.  If I don't, I won't.  Rare have I needed something and not got it.  I did have a week where I didn't have the money to get my synthroid medicine.  That was the first time that had happened.  I also know that next time that happens, I have a friend to ask to borrow the money to get it and then pay it back when my money comes in.  I don't foresee this happening again, but I have the fall back if needed.  My friend was horrified that I didn't have my medicine.  At least it wasn't my blood medicine.  That would have been a big problem as I could get another clot before I got the medicine and who knows what could have happened.

I am going to read for a bit before I make myself some dinner.  I don't really know what I want but I will figure it out shortly.  So far, despite the blood test, it is a good day.  Pain level isn't too bad.  My knee is almost back to normal so all in all, it is a good day.  I do hope you are having a good day too!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you had a good day, I survived my doctors, I really don't know how or why, I did though. I wanted a nap so so bad today, maybe I will be lazy tomorrow and just sleep in.

    Have a Beautiful Day.

    ReplyDelete