Friday, March 25, 2011

A Joyous Evening

What a wonderful evening filled with laughter and joy.  Acer, Calli, and Heather stayed after their lessons for dinner and games.  Bill joined us bring said dinner.  it was so yummy!  We played Five Little Monkeys Sitting on a Bed.  It was Calli's new game that she got for her birthday last week.  Once we were done eating Bill tightened up the screws under the table because it was so wobbly.  It is so much better now.  No wobble at all anymore.  I am so thankful for that.  I was afraid I would have to get a new table and I really didn't want to as I love this one.  I have 4 chairs to tighten and reglue this summer though.  I know how now.  I can't wait to do this but I need warmer weather so I can open up the windows in case the glue smells.  Anyways, I actually won the game, surprisingly.  My little monkeys stayed on the bed!  It was such a fun game.  I think Calli is pleased with her choice of a game.  She and I love playing games together.  We are also Uno girls.  We love our Uno.  She has a special set that someone Brailled for her so she can play independently, which we both enjoy.

I did do a silly thing though.  I was carrying the chicken bucket, corn, gravy, and macaroni dishes to the counter so Bill could do the table and I split the gravy and my pop.  Now the gravy landed on the tablecloth.  Thank goodness I just changed it to a vinyl one!  However, my pop landed on my chair which has a cloth top.  Yup, I did a great job of soaking my chair and now there will be a stain.  I will scrub it out tomorrow and see if I can clean my chair.  What a silly thing to do.  Next time?  I will just carry a few things at a time and not pile them up on top of each other.

It has been a very good day.  I woke up late, which wasn't a good thing, but I was so exhausted.  I went to get something to eat and then I came home.  I played on the computer a bit before lessons and the rest is history!  I haven't had much pain today.  I am glad about that.  The celebrex works pretty well although the health insurance wants me to switch to something else since celebrex is not covered.  I also have the application for the Pfizer company for lowering the price of Celebrex.  I will discuss with Dr. G to see what is best to do and then follow his instructions.

Bill found a mug from when Tillie and Maia were here last month on the window sill.  Needless to say the cup looks rather gross right now.  I hope it cleans up okay as it is one of my favorites.  He also found 2 books.  I am not happy about this, but I suppose if I opened the drapes more often I would have found then a month ago.  Well, I don't always open them.  I used to but I don't always do.  It is just not something I do everyday.  Either way, I am still upset over the mug with left over coffee in it.  Yuck.  Like I said, I hope it cleans up nicely.

I have 3 lessons tomorrow starting at 11 am so I have to get up early.  I don't mind 11 am lessons, it is the earlier ones I have trouble with.  Amanda comes at 11, Kayla at 11:30, and Katie at 12:15 this week. Next week, Christine will have her lesson Saturday evening.  Hey, what works for her, works for me.  That is what I have to say about that.  She is doing very well.  I am revising my plan with her because she also plays another instrument which means she can read music very well.  I am giving her other stuff, not just stuff out of her book too.  She seems to like that.  I will find more fun stuff for her to play too.  I am some nice 5 finger stuff that she will like.

Well, I am getting tired now so it is about bedtime for me.  I will be setting my alarm because I don't want to miss a lesson.  Boy is this house quiet now after all the activity.  I so enjoyed myself so much.  It is nice to have activity every so often.  They will again be staying for dinner in 2 weeks because it will be my birthday and I want to have a small celebration on my actual birthday.  I have a family birthday party gathering with some friends too at my cousin, Darrin's house on the 16th.  That will be fun too.  But i felt something small for the actual day would be good and the Bowman-Tomlinson family is perfect for that.  The kids will have their lessons and then stay for games and dinner.

I do hope it was a good day for you too.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day even with your poor chair! Hope you can get that stain out or else you'll have to pour pop on all of them so they match!
    Have a nice weekend..;j

    ReplyDelete